Herfy’s is the largest and one of the iconic fast-food chains in Saudi Arabia with over 400+ stores, surpassing the presence of international brands in the country.
Incompetent technology stack for the brand expansion
- Lack of centralized control over the operations – The legacy POS used by the client made the managing of the operations from a centralized location difficult. The client had three different versions of the POS software running the operations across their outlets. Since the legacy POS stores data on-site on local servers and runs on a closed internal network, establishing a seamless centralized control was a challenging task.
- Limited and faulty third-party integrations –The client delivered food through online aggregators such as Hunger Station, Jahez, and Mrsool. As the legacy POS provider didn’t support integrations for several regional third-party partners, the staff had to manually enter the orders received through third-party delivery partners, leading to productivity issues. The client also noticed discrepancies in the settlements for orders made through self-ordering kiosks.
- Lack of visibility between the front of house and back of house – The brand offered over 550+ menu items, and it was quite complex for them to ensure consistency in the recipe, offers, and combos across all the geo-locations. The legacy POS system didn’t offer the scalability and visibility needed to deal with this issue. Additionally, it was getting difficult to inform the customers about the order status due to the high volume of orders.
- Enterprise control and visibility – The top management at Herfy could now easily access data analytics using Restroworks. They could analyze the performance of each outlet, helping them devise data-driven strategies to boost business and set up targeted promotions and marketing campaigns as well.
- Support for a complex menu– Using Restroworks, Herfy could easily manage their complex menu of over 550+ items. The team at Herfy could now identify patterns in customer behavior and accordingly, optimize their menu and combo offers. The platform also helped them synchronize recipes across all its outlets from a centralized platform.
- Scalable order handling and deliveries – Restroworks provided Herfy with a scalable technology platform that grows with their business. The platform is built to handle high volumes of orders (both in-store and through delivery aggregators), allowing the brand to boost efficiency of their front-of-house operations across 400+ QSR outlets in Riyadh, 11 bakeries, and 6 international outlets in Dhaka, Bangladesh.